18 February 2013

Why in the hell would I go skydiving? (Unless it was to cure paralysis)

In November 2012 I wrote a blog post called "Skydiving? Why in the hell would I go skydiving?" My point was that I wasn't interested in crazy wheel chair activities, I just wanted my life back. 

Well, Lolly Mack, is going skydiving not for fun, but to raise money for the war on paralysis! Good luck Lolly. If I weren't a chicken, I'd join you, too.

Cure IS on the horizon... Please sponsor Lolly Mack's SKYDIVE.. only 2 weeks to go and she'll be raising money for Spinal Research and Back Up.She hasn't reached her target yet so would be grateful for ANY donations. Let's rise up and cure paralysis. Thanks =] 
www.justgiving.com/Lolly-Mack 


Lolly's Story

Hello Everyone,
Well you all know my story. If you don't, I was involved in an incident in a nightclub which left me paralysed.I underwent 8 hours of surgery and then spent 10 months in hospital and was told I would never walk again. Devastating not only to me but to my family and friends. 
On March 3rd 2013 I will be leaping out of a plane to raise as much money as I possibly can for Spinal Research, helping people like me get back on their feet again.
Spinal Research is the UK's leading charity funding medical research around the world to develop reliable treatments for paralysis caused by broken back or neck. Thanks to such pioneering research paralysis can now be treated and we stand on the brink of applying therapies that will restore movement and feeling and transform the lives of paralysed people. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
So please dig deep and donate now. Now matter how small the donation every little helps. I would just like to say a big, big thank you from me and god bless you x mwah x

No comments:

Post a Comment